Friday, February 22, 2013

Movie Night Pick - Speed


Hi all, let me start off by saying I am a huge movie buff and I was thinking to myself:
"Self, why don't we have a movie night pick based on transportation? And why don't we start it off with the 1994 blockbuster Speed?"
 I am not going to lie, I am a Sandra Bullock fan and when this movie came out I was loving it. But you know what? You know when you remember something from your child fondly and then you watch it now only to feel old or wonder what you were thinking. I almost feel the same about this movie, check out the trailer:



What I'm loving:
  • The action sequences,
  • The actors: Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock, Dennis Hopper and Jeff Daniels (Dumb and Dumber)
  • The cheesy lines, especially the last line 
  • The fact that this was a great example of what a 90's action was
 I can appreciate action movies now because this shows what it was like back then and they have come a long way. Just imagine almost 20 years ago this was a big budget movie, now compare it to Fast Five or the Avengers. I'm just saying. For more info on Speed, click here.

P.S.
If Keanu Reeves was such a bad actor, why come he gets the big movies, i.e. Speed, The Matrix. I'm just saying. Have a great weekend.